Respect Life Events 2022
October is Respect Life Month
Calendar of Activities
- Sept 28 – Nov 6: 40 Days for Life Campaign. Info: www.40daysforlife.com.
FALL 40 Days for Life! This campaign is from Wednesday, September 28 to Sunday, November 6. Now that we are in Post Roe America we have a renewed opportunity to help save lives this fall! You can protect mothers and children with your prayerful presence by joining this worldwide mobilization to pray and fast for an end to abortion. Join us outside Waterleaf, across from Planned Parenthood, at 3051 E. New York Ave, Aurora from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily. Our St. John Neumann Day to pray will be on Friday, October 21st. You may sign up for a time slot on that day or any other day during the campaign. Sign here: 40daysforlife.com/Aurora. We look forward to praying with you this Fall and together build a culture of life and a civilization of love.
- October 1: Diocese of Rockford: Holy Hour for Life @ Holy Family, Rockford. 3:15 – 4:15 p.m. Click here for a full calendar of events.
- October 2: Respect Life Sunday. Life Chain, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Meet us at the Welcome Center to pray at 1:30 p.m. and stand for life!
National Life Chain. We will be joining Christians Nationwide in the U.S. and Canada for this 2022 National Life Chain. This is a silent prayer vigil to pray for an end to abortion. We will unite in prayer and stand up for the rights of the unborn. Everyone who believes in the protection of unborn children and their mothers is invited to participate. We will begin with prayer and then stand along Route 64 & Kirk Rd – just outside of church-. Families are encouraged to participate, signs will be provided. Strollers, lawn chairs and blankets are welcome!
- October 15: Pro-Life Rosary Workshop@ Hoffman Center from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Make rosaries and pray with us. Family-friendly activity! Please register here.
- October 18: Tuesdays with Jesus, Pro-Life Rosary.
- 7pm @ Adoration Chapel
- October 21: St. John Neumann Day of Praying at 40 Days for Life in Aurora, outside Waterleaf, 7:00a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sign up here for one hour of prayer.
- October 27: Pro-Life Rosary Workshop@ Hermes Media Center from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Make rosaries and pray with us! Please register here.
- October 29: Walking with Moms in Need Service Project. Baby baskets assembling for TLC Pregnancy Center. 10:00 – 12:00 p.m. Room 213-215. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Susana Morones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Training for Sidewalk Counselors – Rockford Life & Family Evangelization On Tuesday, October 25th, you will have the opportunity to be trained as a Sidewalk Counselor to be able to counsel at abortion facilities. The training is appropriate for those new to the Respect Life Ministry and for those who need a refresher. This session will be held at Holy Family Parish, 4401 Highcrest Rd, Rockford IL, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. by Daniel Miller, state Director of Pro-Life Wisconsin. Pizza will be provided for all the attendees. Reserve your spot today by sending your name, mailing address, phone, email, and parish affiliation to email@example.com
Respect Life Prayers
- For all Catholics: that during this Respect Life Month our hope in Christ’s resurrection will strengthen us in protecting the gift of human life; We pray to the Lord,
- For women and men suffering after abortion, may the Church’s abortion healing ministry help them find peace and healing through Christ’s endless mercy; We pray to the Lord,
- For those nearing the end of life, may they receive care that respects their dignity and protects their lives as they place their hope in the promise of eternal life; We pray to the Lord,
- For those deprived of their human needs, and their human rights; that they may be given the dignity which God confers all his people; We pray to the Lord,
- For all who are forgotten or thrown away, especially for the poor, the sick and the aged, that God might change our hearts and move us to love them as the image of Christ; We pray to the Lord,
- For all who are lonely or afraid, for the people on the streets, old people in nursing homes, prisoners with no one to visit them, and all whom the world has forgotten; that Christ might lead us to them, We pray to the Lord,
- For every person who suffers from violence, and especially for women whose pain breaks their hearts, that through the intercession of she whose heart was pierced with a sword, they might know peace and strength, We pray to the Lord,
- For families and individuals who have left or fled their homes, seeker safer and better lives. We lift up to you their hopes, fears and needs, that they may be protected on their journeys, their dignity and rights; We pray to the Lord,
- That on this Respect Life Sunday we may recommit ourselves to upholding the dignity of every human life; We pray to the Lord,
- That the life of every human person, from conception to natural death, might be protected in our laws and cherished in our hearts; We pray to the Lord,
May God grant us the wisdom and courage to lovingly protect His gift of human life at every stage, in sickness and in health; We pray to the Lord. Amen.
National Life Chain – Stand on our church corner for one hour in silent prayer. Pro-life signs are furnished.
Pray with Us – group prayer opportunities are available here and in Aurora. On the 3rd Friday of the month, we gather at the Planned Parenthood facility in Aurora for one hour of prayer. Commitment: according to your schedule
Join E-mail Tree – Be informed and act upon proposed abortion legislation.
Respect Life Committee – help accomplish parish education, concerns, and projects.
Respect Life Helpers – Help with project details such as flowers, delivering baby gifts, assisting with Life Chain, and leading prayers.
Project Rachel - Hope after abortion
Project Rachel, a post-abortion healing ministry provides a supportive and confidential environment where you can begin the process of healing. For more information, please call (815) 387.3379 or email ProjectRachelRockford@gmail.com. All inquiries are confidential. Visit the website: www.hopeafterabortion.org. Peace starts here.