Respect Life Ministry 2021 Annual Events
Liturgical celebrations and other annual calendar occasions provide natural opportunities to help us, as Catholics, build a culture of life. These main calendar occasions will provide, this 2021, to our St. John Neumann community of faith with opportunities to highlight and integrate Respect Life events to our spiritual life, throughout the year. We invite you to participate in one or more events this year to help to build in our community the culture of life.
- January 22: Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children. Click here for more information.
- January 23: March for Life Chicago. Click here for more information.
- January 28-29: National Prayer Vigil for Life. Click here for more information
- January 29: National March for Life in Washington, D.C. Click here for more information.
- January 31: Drive-thru Baby Shower at our St. John Neumann Parking Lot. From 7:00 am to 1:30 pm. Click here for the list of needs.
- March 25: Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord
- April: Divine Mercy Sunday
- May: Mother’s Day
- October: Respect Life Month
Respect Life Prayers
- For all Catholics: that during this Respect Life Month our hope in Christ’s resurrection will strengthen us in protecting the gift of human life; We pray to the Lord,
- For women and men suffering after abortion, may the Church’s abortion healing ministry help them find peace and healing through Christ’s endless mercy; We pray to the Lord,
- For those nearing the end of life, may they receive care that respects their dignity and protects their lives as they place their hope in the promise of eternal life; We pray to the Lord,
- For those deprived of their human needs, and their human rights; that they may be given the dignity which God confers all his people; We pray to the Lord,
- For all who are forgotten or thrown away, especially for the poor, the sick and the aged, that God might change our hearts and move us to love them as the image of Christ; We pray to the Lord,
- For all who are lonely or afraid, for the people on the streets, old people in nursing homes, prisoners with no one to visit them, and all whom the world has forgotten; that Christ might lead us to them, We pray to the Lord,
- For every person who suffers from violence, and especially for women whose pain breaks their hearts, that through the intercession of she whose heart was pierced with a sword, they might know peace and strength, We pray to the Lord,
- For families and individuals who have left or fled their homes, seeker safer and better lives. We lift up to you their hopes, fears and needs, that they may be protected on their journeys, their dignity and rights; We pray to the Lord,
- That on this Respect Life Sunday we may recommit ourselves to upholding the dignity of every human life; We pray to the Lord,
- That the life of every human person, from conception to natural death, might be protected in our laws and cherished in our hearts; We pray to the Lord,
May God grant us the wisdom and courage to lovingly protect His gift of human life at every stage, in sickness and in health; We pray to the Lord. Amen.
National Life Chain – Stand on our church corner for one hour in silent prayer. Pro-life signs are furnished.
Pray with Us – group prayer opportunities are available here and in Aurora. On the 3rd Friday of the month, we gather at the Planned Parenthood facility in Aurora for one hour of prayer. Commitment: according to your schedule
Join E-mail Tree – Be informed and act upon proposed abortion legislation.
Respect Life Committee – help accomplish parish education, concerns, and projects.
Respect Life Helpers – Help with project details such as flowers, delivering baby gifts, assisting with Life Chain, and leading prayers.
Project Rachel - Hope after abortion
Project Rachel, a post-abortion healing ministry provides a supportive and confidential environment where you can begin the process of healing. For more information, please call (815) 387.3379 or email ProjectRachelRockford@gmail.com. All inquiries are confidential. Visit the website: www.hopeafterabortion.org. Peace starts here.