In October, the Catholic Church in the United States celebrates Respect Life Month, and the first Sunday of October is designated as Respect Life Sunday. We invite you to participate in these Pro-Life events during this month, to help demonstrate the value of the gift of human life and to help build a culture that cherishes and protets it.
Respect Life Events 2021
September 22 – October 31: 40 DAYS FOR LIFE CAMPAIGN.
PRAYER. FASTING. VIGIL. 40 Days for Life is a worldwide campaign to end abortion through 40 Days of prayer and fasting, peaceful vigil, and community outreach. God used 40 days repeatedly to bring about transformations. Pray and fast daily for an end to abortion. Click Here to join this international campaign and to listen to a podcast, read a blog or watch a video. You can change hearts and saved many lives!
October 3 – RESPECT LIFE SUNDAY- LIFE CHAIN
The Life Chain is a call to the Body of Christ to stand before God on behalf of the children affected by legalized abortion. On October 3rd, Respect Life Sunday, from 2:15 p.m to 3:30 p.m. join fellow SJN parishioners and Christians Nationwide for the Annual Life Chain, as we pray for an end to abortion. We will begin with prayer and then stand along Route 64 & Kirk Rd, for one hour, to be a witness of life. We will meet promptly at 2:15 p.m. at the Hermes Media Center for a prayer and a blessing. Signs will be provided. All are welcome! Let’s stand in repentance and prayer, seeking changed hearts and God’s healing for our communities. “Humble. Pray. Seek. Turn” 2 Chronicles 7:14. To learn more about the history and mission of the Life Chain please visit www.lifechain.org
October 15 – ST. JOHN NEUMANN DAY OF VIGIL- COME & PRAY WITH US!
Be a sign of Christ’s love and mercy to those who need it most; pray for ONE hour across from the Aurora Planned Parenthood at 3051 E. New York St, as part of a community-wide effort to create a continuous 40-day peaceful prayer vigil. Friday, October 15th is our parish’s day of the vigil. We will be praying from 7 am-7 pm, click Here to register for one hour of praying. Your quiet, prayerful presence offers vital support to the sidewalk counselor and to parents who are struggling with a heart-breaking decision. If you can’t make it on our parish date, sign-up for a day that suits your schedule, thank you for being the Light of Christ!
October 23 – ROSARY WORKSHOP & SERVICE OUTREACH PROJECT
Praying and fasting are part of our Catholic Tradition. The most viewed miracle in the history of Christianity was at Fatima in 1917. In order to end war and abortion, and restore the Church Our Blessed Mother, Our Lady of Fatima, asks for all Catholics to:
1. Amend our lives and ask for pardon for our sins,
2. Pray the Rosary daily,
3. Make sacrifices for sinners,
4. Complete the “Five First Saturday Devotion” and
5. Wear the Brown Scapular.
Join us on Saturday, October 23rd from 10:00 am to 12:00 p.m and learn how to make a Rosary with us! This is a family activity. The first rosary you’ll make it for you to keep, the rest will be donated to St. Peter’s Church in Aurora for their First Communion program. While we are making rosaries, we will be watching the movie: The Day the Sun Danced, The True Story of Fatima, and we will end our morning praying the Rosary as a community! We have 50 spots reserved for this event, please register below.
Rosary Workshop & Service Outreach Project
Register here to attend this event:
Respect Life Prayers
- For all Catholics: that during this Respect Life Month our hope in Christ’s resurrection will strengthen us in protecting the gift of human life; We pray to the Lord,
- For women and men suffering after abortion, may the Church’s abortion healing ministry help them find peace and healing through Christ’s endless mercy; We pray to the Lord,
- For those nearing the end of life, may they receive care that respects their dignity and protects their lives as they place their hope in the promise of eternal life; We pray to the Lord,
- For those deprived of their human needs, and their human rights; that they may be given the dignity which God confers all his people; We pray to the Lord,
- For all who are forgotten or thrown away, especially for the poor, the sick and the aged, that God might change our hearts and move us to love them as the image of Christ; We pray to the Lord,
- For all who are lonely or afraid, for the people on the streets, old people in nursing homes, prisoners with no one to visit them, and all whom the world has forgotten; that Christ might lead us to them, We pray to the Lord,
- For every person who suffers from violence, and especially for women whose pain breaks their hearts, that through the intercession of she whose heart was pierced with a sword, they might know peace and strength, We pray to the Lord,
- For families and individuals who have left or fled their homes, seeker safer and better lives. We lift up to you their hopes, fears and needs, that they may be protected on their journeys, their dignity and rights; We pray to the Lord,
- That on this Respect Life Sunday we may recommit ourselves to upholding the dignity of every human life; We pray to the Lord,
- That the life of every human person, from conception to natural death, might be protected in our laws and cherished in our hearts; We pray to the Lord,
May God grant us the wisdom and courage to lovingly protect His gift of human life at every stage, in sickness and in health; We pray to the Lord. Amen.
National Life Chain – Stand on our church corner for one hour in silent prayer. Pro-life signs are furnished.
Pray with Us – group prayer opportunities are available here and in Aurora. On the 3rd Friday of the month, we gather at the Planned Parenthood facility in Aurora for one hour of prayer. Commitment: according to your schedule
Join E-mail Tree – Be informed and act upon proposed abortion legislation.
Respect Life Committee – help accomplish parish education, concerns, and projects.
Respect Life Helpers – Help with project details such as flowers, delivering baby gifts, assisting with Life Chain, and leading prayers.
Project Rachel - Hope after abortion
Project Rachel, a post-abortion healing ministry provides a supportive and confidential environment where you can begin the process of healing. For more information, please call (815) 387.3379 or email ProjectRachelRockford@gmail.com. All inquiries are confidential. Visit the website: www.hopeafterabortion.org. Peace starts here.