We need volunteers to assist with our Mass reopening plan. To welcome congregants in a manner that follows the directives of the Rockford Diocese, we need volunteers to assist in greeting and seating congregants.
Importantly, volunteers must not be part of a “vulnerable population.” This vulnerable population includes adults who are older than 65 years old or adults with underlying medical conditions (such as heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, undergoing cancer treatment, etc.).
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Requirements for Mass Volunteers:
- Watch the required “Reopening Training Webinar – May 2020.”
- To watch the webinar, visit: https://www.archchicago.org/coronavirus/reopening-training. Click on the red arrow next to “Core Reopening Documents.” Find “Reopening Training Webinar – May 2020.” Click on the appropriate language of the video recording. Watch the video.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying that you have watched the webinar.
- Complete required diocesan guidelines for safe environment if you have not already for another ministry at the parish.
- To complete the Diocesan Volunteer Safe Environment Requirements, click here.
Tasks of Mass Volunteers:
- Arrive 30 minutes before the beginning of your assigned Mass and maintain all social distancing and health guidelines of the parish. Expect to help until about 30 minutes after the Mass ends.
- Greet Mass attendees. Manage the flow of congregants as they enter the church, take temperatures of those arriving, make sure attendees use hand sanitizer upon entering, are wearing a mask, and are reminded not to enter if ill.
- Seat Mass attendees according to social distance guidelines. Direct people to appropriate seating/waiting areas, etc.
- Worship and celebrate Communion. All volunteers will be welcomed to celebrate at the Mass they are working, with no need to register for the Mass on the online registration system.
- Complete this form.
- Once the form is submitted, watch the required webinar for Mass reopening and email us that you have done so. See directions in #1 and #2 above.
- Complete the required safe environment guidelines if you have not already. See directions in #3 above.