We need volunteers to assist with our Mass reopening plan. To welcome congregants in a manner that follows the directives of the Rockford Diocese, we need volunteers to assist in greeting and seating congregants.
The Rockford Diocese advises that volunteers be 18 to 65 and not be part of a “vulnerable population.” This vulnerable population includes adults who are older than 65 years old or adults with underlying medical conditions (such as heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, undergoing cancer treatment, etc.). If you wish to volunteer and are in the vulnerable population, you will be asked if you understand and accept the risks of exposure to COVID-19
Requirements for Mass Volunteers:
- Watch the required “Reopening Training Webinar – May 2020.”
- To watch the webinar, visit: https://www.archchicago.org/coronavirus/reopening-training. Click on the red arrow to the right of “Reopening Plan, Training & Certification.” Find “Reopening Training Webinar – May 2020.” Click on the appropriate language of the video recording. Watch the video.
- Send an email to email@example.com saying that you have watched the webinar.
- Complete required diocesan guidelines for safe environment if you have not already for another ministry at the parish. To complete the Diocesan Volunteer Safe Environment Requirements, click here.
Tasks of Mass Volunteers:
- Arrive 30 minutes before the beginning of your assigned weekend Mass; arrive 20 minutes before for weekday or Saturday morning Masses. Maintain all social distancing and health guidelines of the parish. Expect to help until about 10 minutes after the Mass ends.
- Check-in Mass attendees. Manage the flow of congregants as they enter the church.
- Seat Mass attendees according to social distance guidelines. Direct people to appropriate seating/waiting areas, etc. Assist in ushering at Communion time.
- Worship with us. All volunteers will be welcomed to celebrate at the Mass they are working, with no need to register for the Mass on the online registration system.
- Complete this form.
- Once the form is submitted, watch the required webinar for Mass reopening and email us that you have done so. See directions in #1 and #2 above.
- Complete the required safe environment guidelines if you have not already. See directions in #3 above.