The parish welcomes the faithful back to Mass and Adoration. We are following Diocesan guidelines, so we ask you to register online (below) to attend Mass in person. We can admit up to 150 worshipers to our weekend Masses in the large Church and 25 worshipers per Mass to our weekday and Saturday morning Masses in the Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel. If you are unable to register, you are welcomed to come to see if we have room available for you. In this case, we will need to take your name and email address at the door. Unfortunately, if we do not have room, we will need to ask you to leave. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to register online.
In step 1, you will need to choose either Daily Mass, Weekend Mass, or Adoration. Once you make this choice, an “attendees” box will appear to the right of your choice. Choose the number of attendees, including yourself. Then choose a Mass or Adoration day and time. Then click “Continue.”
In step 2, complete the name and contact information. If you have more than one attendee, you will need to add each attendee’s name and contact information in the appropriate field. We ask that each household register independently, so that our Mass Volunteers know who does not need to social distance during seating. Click “Complete Appointment” when you are done completing the contact information.
In step 3, your confirmed appointment information appears. In this step you can cancel the appointment, reschedule it, or edit it. You can also add it to your Outlook or Google calendars. We also provide you an opportunity to make an online offertory donation.
Once the registration process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email. You can cancel the appointment or add it to your online calendar via that email as well.
The Diocese has directed that all the faithful attending in-person Mass need to adhere to the social distancing and public safety guidelines instituted as part of the directives of “Back in His Presence,” dated May 15, 2020. Please click here for these guidelines.
Bishop Malloy has maintained the dispensation from Sunday Masses and Holy Days of Obligation. We do encourage those in a high-risk category for complications due to COVID-19 infections to please consider joining us at Mass virtually or joining our Communion services. We will continue our current livestream Mass schedule.
What to Expect When You Arrive for Mass:
- Mass attendees need to enter through the main Church doors by the Mary garden. That is the only door for entry and exit.
- During the winter months, we will open doors 30 minutes before Mass to begin or when our maintenance crew has finished cleaning the Church from the Mass before. If ushers have not arrived, worshippers will be asked to socially distance in the Hermes-Media Center until they have. We recommend waiting in your car until closer to the start of Mass time.
- There can be no congregating or socializing of any kind. please wait in your vehicles until the appropriate time.
- We have marked the entry in six-foot increments to provide the appropriate social distance.
- Upon entering the building, your name will be checked off the registration list. If you are unable to register, you are welcomed to come to see if we have room available for you. In this case, we will need to take your name and email address at he door. Unfortunately, if we do not have room, we will need to ask you to leave. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to register online.
- All must wear a mask.
- Your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer. If your temp is less than 100, it is fine for COVID. A person with a temperature of 100 or higher must leave and is encouraged to contact their healthcare provider.
- All must sanitize their hands upon entry and exit.
- You will be escorted to a pew that has been marked for distancing (family members may sit together). Each person in your family must be registered and is included in the limit of 25 for weekday Mass or 150 for weekend Mass.
- When it is time for Communion, wait until your row is released to enter the Communion line (the floor is marked for appropriate distance). Remove your mask and gloves if you are wearing them.
- Once you have received Our Lord, immediately replace your mask.
- When Mass is over and the celebrant etc. has exited the worship space, please remain in your pew until you are dismissed.
- Upon dismissal leave the building immediately and go directly to your vehicle.
Fourteen days after celebrating Mass at St. John Neumann, you will receive an email thanking you for celebrating and asking that, if you have since experienced symptoms of or been diagnosed with COVID-19, you inform us so we can begin contact tracing.
Mass Volunteers Needed
To accommodate the larger groups of Mass attendees and comply with the Diocesan and public health directives, we need Mass volunteers. Volunteers will welcome and seat congregants and assist with the ministries of the Mass. Please visit here for the requirements, tasks, and directions to be a Mass Volunteer.
In-person Adoration of our Lord is held on the third Tuesday of every month, beginning at 9:30am and concluding with Benediction at 4:30pm. Please register below to commit to pray in the Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel. Current social distancing and health guidelines will need to be followed by all adorers.
What to Expect When You Arrive for Adoration:
- Enter through the parish office door (door #1). Upon entering the building, your name will be checked off the registration list. If you are not registered, and we have the room, we will take your name and email address.
- Your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer if your temp is less than 100 it is fine for COVID. A person with a temperature of 100 or higher must leave and is encouraged to contact their healthcare provider.
- All must wear a mask.