Tithing has been an integral part of our parish since its inception. In fact, we are one of a few parishes in our Diocese that tithe at the biblical percentage. Although the parish has experienced significant financial stress in recent years, reducing our tithe has never been an option. Even during the pandemic, when income was very low, we made tithing to the agencies that help those in need, a priority. We have been and will continue to be a tithing parish. We have consistently returned to God a portion of our income as an expression of our gratitude for all that we have received. We invite you to apply to become a St. John Neumann tithe recipient.
This year we have ascertained that we will give away $120,500.00 In the past we have had three categories of giving: local organizations, Diocesan entities, and global causes. This year for 2022-2023 we did not have any applications for Diocesan entities.
Please view the pie chart below to see this year’s St. John Neumann tithe recipients.
All organizations who want to apply for tithe consideration will be required to do so by completing the application form found on this site.
- Create greater awareness
- Establish a fair and equable protocol
- Create transparency in choosing
- Create more flexibility
- Involve the stewardship committee in the recommendation process
Applications will be accepted October 1, 2022, through February 1, 2023, for consideration for the July 2023-June 2024 tithe recipient list. To be considered all applicants must be willing to:
- Provide a video presentation or other digital media that can be shown in our Media Center before and after weekend liturgies that will expose our parishioners to the mission of your organization.
- Provide representatives from your organization to be available before and after pre-scheduled liturgies to answer questions and express needs.
All applicants will be contacted in June of 2023 regarding the status of their application.
We have been honored to be able to serve others in the past with a portion of our blessings and we hope to be able to serve many long into the future. Obviously, there are a lot of worthwhile organizations out there and we will continue to support as many as our gifts will permit. We pray for all who are working in the vineyard and for God’s guidance in distributing His gifts.