St. Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus, developed The Spiritual Exercises and an adaptation of them he called The 19th Annotation Retreat. The retreat offers an opportunity to discover one’s deep desires, to notice God’s movements in everyday life, and to gain insight on how to discern the Spirit’s call within one’s life.
Seeking a Closer Relationship with God? Consider making the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius in Daily Life
– The 19th Annotation Retreat –
Retreat timeline: September 15, 2019 – May 17, 2020
St. Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus, developed The Spiritual Exercises and an adaptation of them he called The 19th Annotation Retreat. The retreat offers an opportunity to discover one’s deep desires, to notice God’s movements in everyday life, and to gain insight on how to discern the Spirit’s call within one’s life. The retreat teaches and practices Ignatian contemplative prayer practices that empower a deep, profoundly personal insight into the Scriptures. For centuries, The Spiritual Exercises have led people to find God in all things and to grow in intimacy with the God who loves them.
Requirements for Participation
- Men and women at least 21 years of age
- A real desire to deepen one’s prayer life and relationship with God
- A minimum 45-minute commitment to daily prayer with review and journaling
- Individual meetings with a spiritual director, and willingness to be open with him/her
- Attendance at a twice-monthly group faith-sharing sessions and willingness to listen and share
- Previous experience with daily prayer practice and retreat experience of some type is helpful
- Faith sharing group meetings every two weeks on Sunday mornings at St. John Neumann
- Ten individual meetings with a spiritual director arranged at a mutually convenient time
Those who feel called to this retreat are invited to pray and discern before completing the application. Applications are available at the parish office or by visiting our website: www.sjnstcharles.org. Completed applications are due by Monday, August 26, 2019, to Deacon Willie Williams. Forms can be handwritten and delivered to the parish office or emailed or faxed to Deacon Willie at St. John Neumann (email: email@example.com, fax: 630.377.2834 ). Applicants are encouraged to have a conversation with Deacon Willie and/or one of the Ignatian spiritual directors at Bellarmine Retreat House, Barrington, Ill., to clarify any questions or perceptions about the Spiritual Exercises. Notification of acceptance will be received by Monday, September 9, 2019.
There is no cost for the retreat outside of the nominal cost for materials and the heavy commitment of time.
Please complete this registration form